RIVER DART ADVENTURE
Your 2-day adventures will allow you to journey in open canoes or kayaks along the stunning and tranquil waters of the River Dart, as well as learn and developing your paddling skills along the way.
Taking on one of a number of journeys* through the network of tributaries on the River Dart, you will be exposed to some of the most fantastic views from the water and immerse yourself in exploring the waterways, creeks and wooded banks by kayak or canoe. Paddling on the River Dart offers something for everyone, with gently meandering stretches as the river winds into the South Hams. Between Totnes and Dartmouth, the scenery is spectacular and there are some wonderful places you can explore.
After meeting your qualified and experienced Westcountry Guide, you will receive your equipment and briefing before getting afloat. We will provide you with coaching to ensure you have the skills to support a smooth and enjoyable journey.
Please discuss accommodation options when making your booking, so we can advise and plan your adventure around your accommodation.
The River Dart Adventure is fully flexible and is suitable for all; you will require a reasonable level of fitness as you’ll be self-powering your canoe for the journey (speed will be affected by ability and weather conditions).
- 2 days fully guided paddlesport instructor
- 2 days use of canoe/kayak/SUP (including paddle, buoyancy aid and dry bags for your personal equipment)
- All safety equipment including buoyancy aid
- Tents can be provided but will need to be discussed at point of booking
- Transport of the canoes to the start point and collection of the canoes at the end of the journey
- Camping costs where required
- Personal clothing
- Transport and parking
- Sleeping equipment if camping
We will send you our recommended personal kit list once you book your adventure.
Our Water-based adventures only run between April and October. This is to minimise the risk and effects of poor weather conditions.